Flood Risk Information
- National Flood Insurance Program - FloodSmart: URL <http://www.floodsmart.gov>
- Provides general information about flood risk and flood insurance
- The Cost of Flooding URL: <http://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart/pages/flooding_flood_risks/the_cost_of_flooding.jsp>
- An interactive tool showing you what a flood to your home could cost
- Risk Mapping, Assessment, and Planning (Risk MAP) URL <http://www.fema.gov/risk-mapping-assessment-planning>
- Delivers quality flood information and tools beyond the traditional Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM)
- Flood Hazard Mapping Program URL: <http://www.fema.gov/national-flood-insurance-program-flood-hazard-mapping>
- Provides accurate flood hazard and risk data to guide States and communities to mitigation actions.
- National Flood Hazard Layer (NFHL): URL <http://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/13424>
- Database that contains FEMA's digital flood hazard map information, including information from FEMA’s Digital Flood Insurance Rate Map (DFIRM) databases and Letters of Map Revision (LOMRs).
- Map Service Center URL: <http://msc.fema.gov>
- View and order maps that have not been modernized into the NFHL
FEMA provides web-based access to the NFHL as a web map through the FEMA Geoportal as FEMA's National Flood Hazard Layer. A smaller version of the web map is available on this page. Begin by typing in a place name or address in the search box. Click on "Legend" to get an explanation of the map symbols. Click on "Details" to view more information about the map, including a video tutorial. To view the larger version of the map, click on "View Larger Map".
View Larger Map
- USGS Flood Information: URL <http://water.usgs.gov/floods/>
- Provides information on current and past floods
- WaterWatch: URL <http://waterwatch.usgs.gov>
- Provides maps, graphs, and tables describing real-time, recent, and past streamflow conditions
- Flood Inundation Mapping Program: URL <http://water.usgs.gov/osw/flood_inundation/>
- Helps communities understand flood risks and make cost-effective mitigation decisions
- Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service (AHPS): URL <http://water.weather.gov/ahps/>
- Provides information on flood risk and impact
- AHPS Flood Inundation Map: URL <http://water.weather.gov/ahps/inundation.php>
- Currently, only limited locations are available
- California Nevada River Forecast Center: URL <http://www.cnrfc.noaa.gov/>
- National Weather Service Forecast Offices Western Region: URL <http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/wrh/forecastoffice_tab.php>
U.S. Army Corp of Engineers (USACE)
- Flood Risk Management Program: URL <http://www.iwr.usace.army.mil/Missions/FloodRiskManagement/FloodRiskManagementProgram.aspx>
- Works to focus the policies, programs and expertise of USACE toward reducing overall flood risk
- USACE Sacramento: URL <http://www.spk.usace.army.mil/>
- Provides innovative and enduring engineering solutions and support for national emergencies for parts of California, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado
The Silver Jackets is a program that brings together federal, state, local, and tribal agencies to reduce flood risk.
- Nevada Silver Jackets: URL <http://www.nfrmp.us/state/factNevada.cfm>
- a multi-agency flood risk management team
- Nevada Division of Water Resources: URL <http://water.nv.gov>
- Nevada Floodplain Management Program: URL <http://water.nv.gov/programs/flood/>
- Provides community assistance, flood mitigation assistance, and flood hazard mapping assistance to communities
- Nevada Division of Emergency Management: URL <http://dem.nv.gov/>
- Coordinates efforts to protect lives and property; to prevent, respond to, recover from and mitigate all threats, hazards and emergencies.
- NDEM Flood Information: URL <http://dem.nv.gov/Resources/Flood_Information/>
- Provides information on any significant flood activity.